Friday, June 13, 2014

Welcome!

Welcome!

This blog was created as a resource for the 2014 Unitarian Universalist General Assembly workshop 'Beyond Ramps and Restrooms: Inclusion through Technology."  Within these posts, you'll find links, resources, reviews and information about today's technology - and how that technology may be used to welcome people with disabilities in our congregations.

Of course, many of these technologies can be used anywhere people gather.  So, I encourage you to stick around, no matter your religious beliefs or congregational ties, and to use what you have learned here to make the communities of which you are a part (your workplace, your neighborhood, your PTO, etc.) more welcoming.

One final note, in an attempt at full disclosure - I do not have a disability.  I am impassioned to peruse this research as I have a child with a disability, and we are a rather 'techie' family.  While I have spent hours researching the technology in this post, I do not claim to know it all.  And, as you know, technology can change in the blink of an eye - what is revolutionary one day is obsolete the next.  So, I implore all of you who know something I don't to share your knowledge with me.  And, in turn, I will pass your knowledge on through this blog.

May the spirit of love be with you!

- Meredith Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment